Winter offers an abundance of fresh citrus, which works deliciously in this classic-style margarita. Hints of citrus bitters add one more layer of depth we love.
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces silver tequila, or to taste
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave
- 3-4 dashes citrus bitters (we prefer Hella Bitters)
- Lime slices or wedges, for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine salt and chili powder. Transfer to a flat plate and set aside.
- Run a lime wedge around outer top edge of your glass. Dip rim of glass in salt-chili mixture, making sure it sticks evenly around rim. Place one big ice cube (or several regular ice cubes) in glass and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, combine tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave, and citrus bitters. Add ice and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust as desired. Strain into prepared glass, garnish with lime (if using) and serve.