chopped salad with orange, mint + basil dressing
recipe by Heather Cox | photo by Morgan Ione Yeager
The beauty of a chopped salad is that you can add in just about anything you like. Play around with different combinations of fresh ingredients and find which ones you like best. Top with microgreens for a fresh (and healthy) burst of flavor right on top.
- Orange, Mint + Basil Dressing
- Juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Handful mint
- Handful basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Arugula, roughly chopped
- Radishes, finely sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, diced
- Fresh corn, shucked and cut off cob
- Green beans, diced
- Cucumber, diced
- Spring onions, diced
- Zucchini, diced
- Blueberries or peaches, diced
- Make dressing. Place everything in a food processor and blend until combined (or chop herbs by hand and add to a mason jar along with remaining ingredients, cover, and shake until combined). Taste for flavor and adjust as desired.
- Place any combination of salad ingredients in your bowl, add dressing, and serve immediately.
cook’s note: For a heartier meal, add a piece of grilled salmon or a couple of hard boiled eggs.
*To learn more about our favorite microgreens from Good Water Farms, check out our spring ’16 issue.