Beer and nuts go hand in hand and this recipe brings them both together in one, addictive recipe. Hints of grainy mustard help to add some subtle spice. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, game night, or anytime you need a really great snack.
- 1/2 cup Guinness (or other stout)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts (pecans or almonds)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a large saucepan, whisk together Guinness, light brown sugar, and mustard. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until mixture has thickened, 5-10 minutes. Once thickened, add peanuts (pecans or almonds). Stir to coat completely, and continue to cook over low heat just until all of liquid gets absorbed into nuts, another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer nuts to a large baking sheet. Spread out into an even layer (nuts will be sticky and some of nuts will clump, but that's ok). Sprinkle with salt allow to cool completely, stirring and breaking up nuts a bit as they cool. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
Makes 2 cups.
cook’s note: The nuts will keep covered for up to 3 days. Because of the syrup, the nuts will continue to clump together even after they’ve cooled so you’ll need to break them apart each time before serving.