As Easter approaches, we’re prepping our menu and getting our table ready to celebrate. Hosting family and friends for a holiday can be intimidating but it really doesn’t have to be. Here are a few keys to making it (really) easy on yourself:
- set a simple table. Simple doesn’t have to be boring, especially when you start with really great basics. Our favorites include these gorgeous white linen napkins and table runner from Rough Linen and classic white plates from Crate & Barrel. White goes with everything and it’s the perfect choice to layer on color as you like.
- for a little pop of spring color, try these sweet little glasses.
- and for the perfect drink to serve in them, try the lavender lemonade from our new spring issue.
- use your silver. Anytime you feel like turning an ordinary meal into something a little more special (not just a holiday), use your silver. It’s an easy way to add a simple, elegant element to a table.
- add a touch of whimsy. These adorable shakers are perfect for your Easter table.
- plan an easy menu. Choose a menu that all works well together—one that carries the same flavors and ingredients throughout the meal in a subtle way. One of our favorite make-ahead recipes is the 7-hour leg of lamb, submitted as part of our #readerrecipe contest. The recipe from Les Touilleurs in Montreal, is a perfect choice for Easter dinner. You can get the recipe here.
- serve a great dessert. Cake is always a good choice for entertaining—it’s make-ahead and easily serves a crowd. For one of our favorites, try our pistachio olive oil cake.
- and of course, a great playlist. Music helps set the mood and we love to start ours while we cook.
- And don’t forget the Easter baskets! For our favorite brand of organic candy to fill them, click here.
To enter a recipe for our summer issue READER RECIPE contest, email us by May 1, 2017 at email@example.com. We can’t wait to learn more about your favorite recipes!
stay connected for the latest in recipes, updates + offers