herbed shrimp dip
In honor of National Shrimp Day, we’re sharing one of our favorite appetizers for a make-ahead dip. Be sure to serve the dip with the best crackers, like Onesto brand. They’re gluten free (but completely don’t taste it), super flavorful, and made locally in Massachusetts. You can read more about them here.
- 2 lemons, divided
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crackers, for serving
- Fill a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Cut 1 lemon in half and add halves to water. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Once cooled, pat completely dry. Roughly chop shrimp, leaving some pieces bite-sized. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, zest and juice from 1/2 lemon, parsley, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Stir mixture until well combined. Fold in shrimp. Taste for flavor and adjust as desired (if mixture is too thick, add an additional lemon juice). Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.