prosciutto + provolone sandwich
- 1 French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sharp provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- Spread mustard on one side of cut half of bread, and apricot jam on other half.
- Drizzle mustard side of bread with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top mustard side with provolone cheese, evenly covering top of bread, following by prosciutto slices.
- Fold halves over and press lightly to enclose. Cut into four equal sandwiches and serve immediately, or wrap in parchment until ready to serve.