whiskey coffee with sweetened cream
A big, deep mug of warm coffee with a dash (or two!) of added spirits to it warms you up perfectly on a cool, early fall night. Cinnamon adds a subtle warming spice too, that pairs nicely with a good smoky whiskey.
- Sweetened Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce whiskey, or to taste
- Hot coffee, for serving
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish, optional
- Make sweetened cream. In bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla and continue whisking until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Place whiskey in bottom of a mug and top with coffee. Add a dollop of sweetened cream, followed by a pinch of cinnamon (if using). Serve warm.
cook’s note: The sweetened cream is enough for 6-8 servings.
For more recipes from our fall dinner party, check out our fall ’15 issue.