oysters with pickled blueberry mignonette + mint
photo by Jennifer Johnson
A hint of pickled sweet blueberries adds a perfect accent to briny oysters.
- 1/4 medium shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Bow Hill pickled blueberries (and their liquid), or to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 freshly shucked oysters, for serving
- Finely minced fresh mint, for garnish
Place shallot, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon pickled blueberries and some juice in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Taste and adjust as needed, adding in more pickled blueberries if desired. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Top with mint just before serving.
editor’s note: Want to give Bow Hill Blueberries products a try? Use code THECOASTALTABLE for 10% OFF your order.