10-minute mac + cheese
You can’t talk about cheese and not include a recipe for mac and cheese. This quick weeknight version will save you when time is tight.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 14 ounces grated Kerrygold aged cheddar cheese, or to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and set aside.
- Add butter to saucepan and place over medium heat. When butter has melted, add 1/4 cup milk and mustard and season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add drained pasta and stir to combine. Add about 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir, adding additional pasta water or milk to reach desired consistency. Divide among serving bowls, season with salt and pepper and serve.
cook’s note: Try pimento cheese instead of the cheddar to take this dish to another level. We recommend Callie’s Pimento Cheese for tons of flavor.