photo by Jennifer Johnson
One of the easiest ways to use yogurt is in a smoothie, for a healthy start to your day or a quick dinner. The addition of oats makes this smoothie thicker and provides more substance. For a bit more sweetness, add a tablespoon or two of honey.
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish, optional
In a blender, chop ice. Add 1/2 cup almond milk, banana, yogurt, oats, dates, almond butter, ground flaxseed, and chia seeds (if using). Blend until completely smooth. Add more almond milk if necessary. Taste and adjust flavor as desired. Garnish with cinnamon (if using).
Makes 1 16-ounce smoothie.