black radish salad
- 8 small (or 4 large) radishes
- 1 tablespoon black lava salt
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, thinly slice radishes and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle salt and lemon zest over top. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, and garnish with walnuts and parsley.
cook’s note: This recipe has been amended from the Radish Salad recipe in Sunday Suppers: Recipes + Gatherings.