Caribbean cobb salad
Sweet mango, creamy avocado, and spicy chicken all work together in this tropical-inspired salad.
2 bone-in breasts of chicken, with skin on
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
Juice from 2 limes
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large head romaine lettuce (about 12 ounces), chopped
2 scallions, white and light green parts, diced
1 large mango, peeled and diced
1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and rub skin with olive oil. Rub jerk seasoning evenly on each chicken breast. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mango chutney and juice from 1 lime. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil until combined. Taste for flavor and adjust as desired, adding more lime juice to taste. Set aside.
- Cut avocados in half and remove and discard pits. Scoop out flesh and slice.
- Remove chicken from bones and slice into pieces.
- In a large bowl, add romaine. Drizzle with enough dressing to coat and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with scallions, mango, black beans, chicken, and sliced avocados. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
cook’s note: For a more uniform consistency, purée dressing in a food processor or blender.