grilled peach salsa
photo by Jennifer Johnson
We love the combination of mint and peaches for a different take on salsa, but cilantro works just as well. Grilling the peaches adds a nice, unexpected char and flavor to the salsa.
- 4 peaches
- 2 tablespoons vegetable (or canola) oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut peaches in half lengthwise and remove pits. Brush both sides of peaches, onion slices, and jalapeño with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place peaches, onion slices, and jalapeño on grill and cook each until lightly charred on both sides, 5-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, dice and place in a medium bowl. Add mint and lime juice (to taste) and toss to combine. Serve immediately.