homemade waffle cones
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup milk
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and vanilla and whisk until mixture is light and fluffy. Add coconut sugar and whisk until combined.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir until just combined. Slowly stream in butter and mix. Add milk and mix until batter comes together.
- Preheat waffle cone maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place a scant 1/4 cup batter onto preheated surface and close lid. Bake until cone is golden brown and crispy. Immediately remove cone and shape it around cone mold (which comes with waffle cone maker). To avoid burning your fingers, use a clean kitchen towel to do this. Hold cone around mold for 20 seconds, and then place on a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining batter. Cones are best eaten same day they are made, otherwise they lose their crispness.
Makes 8 waffle cones.
cook’s note: You can also use regular sugar instead of the coconut sugar (in the same measurements) if desired.