mango coconut cream pops
photo by Christine Chitnis
3 mangos, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
4 tablespoons honey, divided
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- In a blender, combine mango and orange juice until well mixed. Pour mixture into a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl. It will take some time (10-15 minutes) for the juice to strain completely into bowl. Discard mango pulp.
- In a small saucepan, combine mango/orange juice and 2 tablespoons honey. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring until honey is well incorporated. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Once cool, distribute mango mixture evenly into pop molds.
- Give saucepan a rinse, and then combine coconut milk with vanilla bean and remaining 2 tablespoons honey. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning, for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into pop molds over mango mixture. After filling pop molds, use a skewer to gently swirl layers together, being careful not to mix them completely. This will result in a marbled pop. Insert sticks and freeze for 3-4 hours, until hardened.
Makes 10 pops.