New England-style clam dip
photo by Jennifer Johnson
Canned clams make this appetizer come together in minutes, but you can also use fresh steamed clams if you prefer.
- 1 6.5-ounce can minced clams, drained (and juices reserved)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Potato chips, for serving
In a bowl, add clams and cream cheese and stir to combine. Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and zest and juice from 1/2 lemon. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust as desired, adding additional lemon zest and juice or reserved clam liquid if desired. Serve with potato chips for dipping.
Makes approximately 2 cups.
cook’s note: To make ahead, cover dip with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to one day in advance.