quick peach bbq sauce
Of course we prefer this with a homemade jam or chutney, but a good quality store-bought variety works, too. We love this over ribs or chicken.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable (or canola) oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup peach jam or chutney (see cook’s note)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-low. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 10-15 minutes, until sauce has reduced and thickened. Allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
Makes approximately 3/4 cup.
cook’s note: We prefer to use an organic brand of jam or chutney for this recipe because they tend to be less sweet than more conventional brands.