This simple vinaigrette can easily be doubled, and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine ingredients in a mason jar, cover, and shake until emulsified. Set aside, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Makes approximately 1/4 cup.
cook’s note: For a creamy version, use red wine vinegar in place of the white wine vinegar, reduce the mustard to 1/2 teaspoon, and add 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise. Follow directions above.