sparkling peach lemonade
photo by Jennifer Johnson
This is a refreshing twist on a summer staple, and a perfect addition to your backyard parties. For an adult version, top with prosecco and/or serve with a splash of your favorite vodka.
- 8 peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from approximately 10 lemons)
- 1/2 cup honey, or to taste
- 6 cups cold water
- Ice, for serving
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Peach slices, for serving
- Sparkling water, club soda, or prosecco, for serving
- In a blender, add peaches and pulse until completely smooth (add juice from 1 lemon if needed to purée). Transfer to a pitcher.
- In a separate pitcher or large measuring cup, combine remaining lemon juice and 1/2 cup honey and whisk until combined. Add to peach purée. Add water and stir to combine. Add more honey as necessary, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach desired level of sweetness.
- Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve, at least 2 hours. Be sure to keep lemonade in a pitcher without ice until you’re ready to serve it (ice will water it down).
- Spoon ice into serving glasses and add a few lemon and peach slices to each glass. Give pitcher of lemonade a good stir and pour over ice. Top with sparkling water, club soda, or prosecco and serve immediately.
cook’s note: Fresh peaches should peel and purée easily, but if you’re having troubling removing the skins, you can blanch them first. To do so, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut a small X-shape in bottom of each peach and place in water. Blanch for 1-2 minutes. When skin starts to pull away, remove peaches with a pair of tongs and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then peel and discard skins.