sriracha street corn
1 clove garlic
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Sriracha, or to taste
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
6 ears corn, husk and silks removed, and cut in half
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 ounces cotija cheese, for garnish
Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, for serving
2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
- Make sauce. Chop garlic on a cutting board. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over garlic and use back of your knife to smash together, making a paste. Transfer smashed garlic (and salt) to a medium bowl and add a bit of pepper. Add mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime juice, and chili powder. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Set aside.
- Brush all sides of each corn half with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill corn until lightly charred on all sides, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove corn from grill and brush liberally with mayonnaise mixture. Transfer corn to a large serving platter and scatter cheese over top, followed by cilantro. Serve immediately along with limes.
cook’s note: The amount of Sriracha you need depends on the variety and how spicy it is, and how spicy you want the sauce to be in general. It should have enough heat to balance out the crumbled cheese and the lime juice.